Vorys One of 32 US Law Firms to Earn Women in Law Empowerment Forum’s 2022 Gold Standard Certification
Vorys is pleased to announce that the firm has been named a 2022 WILEF Gold Standard firm for the fourth consecutive year. The Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) Gold Standard Certification is a key metric for assessing progress toward achieving greater gender equity in large law firms.
WILEF Certification emphasizes the leadership roles attained by women partners, rather than a firm’s policies or practices or overall number of women partners. In 2021, 39 firms earned this certification. This year, the criteria to attain Gold Standard status was heightened and only 32 US-based law firms met the criteria. To earn the certification, firms had to satisfy both of the following two mandatory criteria:
- 25% of equity partners or, alternatively, 40% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past 12 months are women;
- 10% of women equity partners are women of color or 4% of women equity partners are LGBTQ+;
and at least two of the following four criteria:
- 20% of the firm and U.S. branch office heads are women;
- 25% of the firm’s primary governance committee are women;
- 25% of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women;
- 20% of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women.
To view the full list of firms, click here. To learn more about the 2022 WILEF Gold Standard Certification, click here.